Probate is the court-supervised process of gathering a deceased person’s assets, paying debts and taxes and distributing what is left to those who are named as beneficiaries in the Will.
Uncontested probate is where there is no dispute over the Will and distribution of assets.
Below we provide you with information on our Legal Fees, disbursements and the length of time it will take to complete your matter.
Legal Fees and Disbursements
Legal Fees are the amount you will be required to pay for all of the work performed by us in actioning your instructions, from the commencement of your case to the conclusion.
For some types of work, we can offer you a fixed fee. This is where we believe that most of the information we need will be known at the outset. These costs are set out in the fixed costs menu below.
Private Client – Fixed Costs menu
Please note the following regarding all fixed costs stated below:
- All prices are starting from. Once we have met with you and have taken full instructions, our fees for dealing with your matter may be more than that stated below if additional work is required or if the issue is more complex than usual. For example, if a letter of wishes needs to be prepared, in addition to your Will, then additional charges may apply.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT. VAT will be added at the current rate (presently 20%)
- If we are required to meet with you away from the office (for example, at your own home), then additional charges may be made.
- Travelling expenses are charged at 45p per mile plus VAT (total 54p per mile).
- *The fixed fee for a grant only applications: this is only for estates that are not taxable; where an IHT205 form (only) is required to be completed and where all necessary information (and evidence thereof) relating to the assets and liabilities of the estate has been ascertained by you. All other cases will be dealt with in accordance with our hourly rate (see our administration of estate client care/costs letter)
Find out more about our uncontested probate fees.